May 21st , 2011 → 5:54 pm @ // No Comments

posted bu www.equatorialguineaonline.com

In an important symbol of our enduring friendship with Equatorial Guinea, U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Alberto Fernández; Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Eustaquio Nseng Osono; and Jay Hicks, Managing Director for Planning and Real Estate of the Department of State’s Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO), broke ground on the New Embassy Compound (NEC) in Malabo today.

The NEC will be a multi-building complex, which will include diplomatic residences and staff housing, situated on a 12-acre site located close to downtown Malabo and in a neighborhood planned for other diplomatic missions and United Nations agencies. The new complex will provide secure, safe, and functional facilities for approximately 67 embassy employees.

The building design incorporates several sustainable features; most notably LED site lighting, and highly efficient mechanical equipment. The facility was planned to achieve Leadership in Energy Efficiency (LEED®) certification.

The landscape design and features were carefully conceived and selected to thrive on Bioko Island and include the preservation of an existing ceiba tree and a visitor plaza garden that links the buildings on the complex.

Since 1999, as part of the Department’s Capital Security Construction Program, OBO has completed over 78 new diplomatic facilities and has moved more than 23,000 people into safe, secure, and functional facilities. The Malabo NEC groundbreaking is one of 8 embassy and consulate projects currently in design and construction in Africa.

Caddell Construction Company of Montgomery, Alabama will construct the NEC; the architectural firm of Karn Charuhas Chapman & Twohey (KCCT) of Washington, District of Columbia, designed the facility. The approximate cost of the entire project is $53 million. The scheduled completion date for the NEC is summer 2013.

Caddell Construction Company has constructed over 10 diplomatic projects for the Department of State since 1999 and has an additional 5 projects in design and construction at the present time.

8 Comments → “ United States Breaks Ground on New Embassy Compound in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea ”

1. goyard handbags

4 weeks ago

I needed to write you this little bit of note in order to say thank you the moment again for your personal remarkable thoughts you have shared on this site. It is quite strangely open-handed with you to provide extensively what most of us would have offered for sale for an e-book in order to make some dough for their own end, primarily considering that you could have tried it in case you decided. These inspiring ideas also worked to become fantastic way to comprehend other people online have the same dream like my own to understand great deal more regarding this matter. I am sure there are numerous more enjoyable situations in the future for people who take a look at your website.

2. kate spade handbags

3 weeks ago

I am writing to let you be aware of of the extraordinary encounter my friend’s child developed browsing yuor web blog. She noticed a lot of details, including how it is like to have an excellent teaching nature to make other folks easily know just exactly specified hard to do things. You truly surpassed people’s expectations. I appreciate you for supplying those essential, trustworthy, explanatory not to mention fun guidance on this topic to Ethel.

3. yeezy boost 350 v2

2 weeks ago

I simply wished to say thanks yet again. I’m not certain the things that I would’ve gone through without the actual strategies documented by you directly on this theme. It was a very depressing scenario in my position, however , encountering your specialised style you processed the issue took me to leap with fulfillment. I am just happier for the advice and thus sincerely hope you really know what an amazing job that you are doing educating others using your web page. Most likely you have never met any of us.

4. jordan retro

2 weeks ago

Needed to put you this little note to finally thank you so much again for these remarkable secrets you’ve shown at this time. It is certainly pretty open-handed with people like you in giving publicly what a number of us might have made available for an e book to generate some profit on their own, most notably seeing that you might well have tried it in case you considered necessary. The basics additionally acted like the good way to recognize that other individuals have a similar fervor much like my personal own to grasp a little more regarding this condition. I know there are several more pleasurable times in the future for folks who find out your website.

5. yeezy supply

1 week ago

I am only commenting to let you know of the fine discovery my wife’s daughter found reading through your web page. She picked up so many pieces, most notably how it is like to have a wonderful coaching style to let other people without hassle thoroughly grasp specified hard to do subject areas. You undoubtedly surpassed her desires. Many thanks for giving those valuable, trustworthy, edifying and easy tips about this topic to Julie.

6. golden goose

1 week ago

I simply wanted to say thanks once more. I do not know what I would have undertaken in the absence of those pointers contributed by you directly on that subject matter. Completely was the fearsome circumstance in my opinion, however , spending time with your skilled approach you treated it took me to weep for contentment. I am just thankful for the help and as well , trust you find out what a powerful job that you’re accomplishing training people by way of a blog. I am sure you haven’t got to know all of us.

7. curry shoes

1 week ago

I precisely had to thank you so much once more. I am not sure the things I would have accomplished without those techniques shown by you directly on my question. Previously it was a daunting problem for me personally, but observing the very professional tactic you managed the issue forced me to leap with delight. I’m just thankful for this information and then have high hopes you recognize what an amazing job you’re doing instructing many people with the aid of your websites. I know that you haven’t encountered any of us.

8. off white shoes

2 days ago

I simply desired to thank you so much again. I do not know the things I could possibly have carried out without the actual methods shared by you relating to my area of interest. It was the difficult condition for me personally, but being able to see the very well-written tactic you dealt with it took me to cry over fulfillment. I’m happy for the assistance and in addition pray you really know what a great job you were providing training many others with the aid of your web blog. More than likely you have never met all of us.